Monday, November 11, 2013

recipe updates

Good news--I finally updated my recipe page! 
(You didn't even know I had a recipe page, did you?) 
You can find it over on the right hand sidebar or simply by clicking HERE. 
It's nothing fancy at all but should give you some sort of direction when you are looking for something specific.

In addition to updates,I've added a pizza category, 
so you can find recipes like Chicken Pesto Pizza (HERE)
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com

An Ice Cream category (which I decided is too small.....I should fix that). You can find recipes like Brown Sugar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (HERE)
brown sugar vanilla bean ice cream
And a popular category--YOUR favorites. This brussels sprouts recipe has been one of the most popular recipes ever on my blog--I thought I'd share the recipe again here. 
Original recipe + more brussels sprouts ideas (HERE)
brussels6 copy

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Avocado, and Lime
1lb brussels sprouts, shredded
2-4 slices bacon. or more.....there probably isn't such a thing as too much bacon, right?
1 garlic clove, minced
juice of 1 lime
1 avocado, sliced
a pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
olive oil
salt and pepper

While you are slicing your brussels, cook the bacon until crispy in a large skillet.
Remove from pan.
Add a little olive oil to the pan (depending on how much bacon drippings were left over), and add your shredded brussels, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
Cook for just a few minutes on medium heat, until brussels start to get tender.
Mix in lime juice and crumble bacon into the sprouts. salt and pepper to taste.
Scoot your sprouts over to the side of the pan, and add avocado slices--just to quickly warm each side. You don't really want to stir them around into the sprouts or they will mash right in. 
When they are heated through, mix everything together and enjoy!

happy eating!

3 comments:

liv said...

I was making your granola today and totally thinking that I have loved every recipe I've tried from your list- then I saw your new post and am so happy- where do you get all these recipes and are there blogs or books you prefer when looking for yummy things to make? So interested- also when you found out about your Lyme Disease- did that change your habits at all when it came to cooking and eating?

Lauren from Kiwi+Peach said...

Absolutely love this. We had some brussels that needed using, so I whipped this up, added some grilled corn, and popped it into some tortillas for taco night. Definitely a winner, this one.

LA 104 Radio said...

Thanks great blog ppost